The time is now to take action in the ways that you can to naturally boost your immune system. Here are 10 natural ways:
- Drink Plenty of Water - Keep a bottle at your workstation, your car, by your nightstand and your coffee table to remind yourself to hydrate often. Tip: Slice lemons into your water for a natural dose of vitamin C.
- Get Daily Moderate Exercise - Activities like walking, stretching, yoga, swimming may reduce inflammation and help your immune cells regenerate regularly. Tip: Pick a route around your neighborhood and go for an evening walk, get a friend or family member to join you.
- Get Enough Sleep - You should feel energized after waking up. If this is not the case, you should take some things off your plate if possible to allow you to get enough rest. Tip: Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time each day.
- Eat Vitamin C Enriched Foods - Foods like kale, kiwi, broccoli, brussel sprouts, papayas, strawberries, oranges, and lemons are loaded with natural vitamin C. Tip: Pick a couple to add to your weekly grocery list (see full immune booster grocery list below).
- Eat Probiotics & Fermented Foods - These foods include yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir, and natto. Tip: Pick one of these foods and add to your weekly shopping list (see full grocery list below)
- Eat More Healthy Fats - extra virgin olive oil and salmon, nuts, chia seeds, avocados, dark chocolate, whole eggs, coconuts and coconut oil, full-fat yogurt.
- Limit Processed Sugars and Foods - Limit does not mean completely eliminated. Allow yourself to have a few things a week to indulge in. Tip: After grocery shopping, put away one or two items that are processed or have too much sugar.
- Get Fresh Air & Sunlight. Getting fresh air has been proven to boost the immune system and sunlight is a natural way to get vitamin D. Tip: Find a hobby that gets you outside, swimming, hiking or biking are great ways to get moderate exercise while soaking up some sun and fresh air.
- Stress Less - Meditation, yoga, being in nature, drawing, journaling, getting a massage, taking a relaxing warm bath, all help to decrease stress levels. Tip: Take 20 minutes per day to engage in a destressing activity that you enjoy.
- Laugh More - Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease. Tip: Watch a funny movie or show.
For more information check out this other awesome article on how to improve your immune system here: Important Diet Habits To Implement For A Healthy Immune System
May you and your family be healthy and happy!
Immune Booster Grocery List Screenshot or copy and paste this immune booster grocery list.
Vitamin C Enriched Foods:
Yogurt / Kefir
Kimchi / Sauerkraut
Extra virgin olive oil
Coconuts / Coconut Oil
Fatty Fish (Like Salmon)
Bonus Immune Boosters: